One of the best things that you can do for your business is to install chat software as one of your costumer support arms.Studies reported almost 20% of income boost for chat software users due to conversions. This is the crucial momentwhen the costumer is at the point of buying but is still hesitant due to some concerns or questions about the products or services.The timely engagement of a live chat agent has prevented abandonment of carts, in most cases.
According to other researches too, 30% of costumers who had positive experiences with live chat support system have returned to the websites where they were assisted with this type of costumer support. This is one indicator of howchat software could help grow your business- making satisfied costumers return to youasloyal patrons.
However, inappropriate utilization of chat software could turn the table against you. There are also reports of clients leaving the sites or cancelling ordersdue to inappropriate live chat support. Instead of being helpful, other people find them as nuisances.
Maximize your chat support costumer service by following these three simple tips.
- Invest in your people. The key to enjoying the maximum benefits of a chat support costumer service lies on how well trained your employees are when it comes to this type of service. You need to spend time, effort, finances and energy in ensuring that your chat support agents know how to do the following:
- Welcome the guests without being intrusive.
- Present company’s products or services in a perceptive manner.
- Answer the questions of the clients precisely and clearly.
- Respond to irate clients in a proper and calm way.
- Identify prank chatters and deal with them accordingly.
- Be helpful without being annoying.
- Close the sale.
- Make the visit of the guests worthwhile.
When your team becomes expert in meeting the needs of the clients, the growth of the company and its profits are just right behind you.
- Study all the software’s features. Most users of chat support just focus on answering the client’s concerns. Do you know that your software can do so much more than just that? Here are some of them:
- Tickets – when complex issues arise and one live chat is not enough to solve the matter, you can avail of the ticket feature of your software. In here, the costumer can fill up a ticket form (even when the agent is offline) and you can forward it to the assigned email address until the matter is remedied. In this way, you would be able to track the resolution of the concern, the time it took for it to be resolved and other pertinent data.
- Applications – such as mobile (you can still chat with your clients even when you are not in the office), web application (where no installation or set up is needed. You can start chatting right away) and cloud-based (this is about hosting of the live chat).
- Feedback – Avail of this feature to see how satisfied your client is with the agent and with the service.
Make live chat service costumer-friendly even to non-computer savvy clients. Some clients can be intimidated with the presence of live chat agents popping up during their browsing. Others do not know how to use it. Both reasons can lead to abandonment of the site. Maximize your chat software by letting the clients know that you are in standby in case they would need anything. Make the tone of your conversation casual and friendly. Individualize your approach according to the response of the client.
These simple tips can bring the highest yield from your chat software.